Job Description from Sep. 2004 - Dec. 2005
Programmer / Server Administrator
- Administrator for an Apache server handling all PERL/CGI content and storing database records.
- Troubleshot and corrected server software problems on IIS 6.0.
- Designed, programmed and maintained a back-up help desk ticketing system, and an interactive database for all help desk contact information used for software and user support. Web based applications developed in Dreamweaver and Java SE/J2SE.
- Webmaster in charge of constructing an online documentation library for the IT Help Desk.
- Provided technical support by phone, remote connection or in person depending on the situation.
- Troubleshot network applications software issues.
- Configured Windows XP, Office 2003 applications and various DLA applications for users.
- Reset and/or validated user accounts for more than 3000 Defense Supply Center of Richmond personnel, Government employees and Military personnel world-wide.
- Preformed with high level of customer satisfaction at all times.
- Migrated Gateway Desktop and Laptop Systems from Windows 2000 Platform to Windows XP Professional Edition.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office 2003 upgrades and software uses.
- Provided on call support to maintain system functionality during the migration process.
- Troubleshot or repaired as needed all desktop/ laptop deficiencies as required by Electronic Data Systems standard operating procedures.
- Maintained detailed records of all upgrades and replacements of damaged items as required.